Coffee sounds like a strange ingredient for cooking with, but it actually gives foods a rich, earthy flavor and it doesn't taste anything like coffee grounds.
For your next pork chop night, change things up a little.
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Fry the pork chops in the butter or olive oil. Take them out and put them into a casserole pan.
- Fry the onions in the same pan that the chops were fried in until translucent.
- Mix the coffee into the boiled water, mix well and pour in with the fried onions.
- Pour in the vinegar, xylitol and cream cheese and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the pork chops in the casserole dish, and bake for an hour.
- Serve with cauli-mash.