Don't settle for bland bajra rotis!
Feast on these delicious flaxseed and coconut flour rotis instead.
- Boil water in a kettle.
- Measure a cup full of water, add salt and butter/ghee and mix.
- Mix the two flours together, then gradually add the water mixture to the flours, mixing with a spoon, then knead to a smooth dough. If the dough is sticky add a little more coconut flour. If it is dry add a little water then let it rest for 5 mins.
- Heat a tava or frying pan.
- Make medium sized balls.
- Lay a ziploc bag or cling wrap flat down and rub a little ghee/butter on the underneath to keep it flat. Next place your dough ball, then place another ziploc bag or cling wrap on top. Roll your dough out between the two bag or cling wrap, as it will stop the dough from getting stuck to the rolling pin.
- Gently take the roti out and place it on the hot tava. Cook on both sides, applying ghee/butter when turning and toasting.
- Serve warm with the curry of your choice!