Perfect for dunking and staying healthy.
Something special to have at coffee time.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Melt the butter.
- Beat the eggs, buttermilk and xylitol.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients except the psyllium husk, and add the melted butter. Mix it through with a wooden spoon.
- Mix the rest of the wet ingredients together and add the bowl. Lastly add the psyllium husk.
- Stir the mixture well and then allow it to rest for a few minutes so that the liquid is absorbed. Divide evenly into 3 bread pans which are lined or greased.
- Bake at 180C for 40 minutes, then turn the oven down to 160C and bake for a further 8 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven, out of the pans and place them on a drying rack. Allow them to cool then cut them into your preferred portion sizes.
- Place the pieces back into your oven to dry, at 80C for 8 - 10 hours. Keep the oven door slightly open with the back of a spoon.