A filling and delectable crustless quiche.
Perfect as a family meal served with a salad or vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Rinse the mushrooms and slice them thinly. Place the sliced mushrooms in a non-stick pan or use non-stick spray in a normal pan, add the crushed garlic, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Turn the heat on to medium-high and saute the mushrooms until they release all of their moisture and no more water remains on the bottom of the pan (5-7 minutes).
- Spray a pie dish with non-stick spray. Spread the spinach out on the bottom of the pie dish. Next add the cooked mushrooms and crumbled the feta over.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs until fairly smooth. Add the milk, parmesan, and another small sprinkle of pepper. Whisk to combine. (This step can be completed while the mushrooms are cooking) Pour this mixture into the pie dish over the spinach, mushrooms, and feta.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over top. Place the pie dish on a baking sheet for easy transfer into the oven. Place the quiche into the preheated oven and bake until it is golden brown on top and the centre is solid. Every oven is different but this should take between 45 minutes and an hour.
- Slice and serve!